Since I had left over mascarpone in the fridge from all the fig recipes I thought I should use it up. I made some delicious lemon cupcakes and frosted them with the mascarpone and topped with slivered almonds and drizzled with honey. Yum! My baking studio is getting a lot of use these days. I am sweating anyway so I might as well bake!
Lemon Cupcake Recipe
6 Tbls softened butter
6 Tbls mascarpone cheese
2 tsp lemon zest
2/3 Cup sugar
1/2 Cupall-purpose flour
1/3 Cup self-raising flour
1. Pre-heat the oven to 325oF
2. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
3. Beat the butter, cheese, lemon rind, sugar and eggs until smooth
4. Sift the flours. Add the flour gradually to wet mixture
5. Pour into cupcake liners
6. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes until tooth pick comes out clean
7. Allow to cool
Mix 2 Tbls of Honey with a small container of mascarpone cheese. Spread in top of cooled cupcakes. Top with 3 slivered almonds and drizzle with honey.
Mmm . . . enjoy!